Friday, March 7, 2014

Long run

After putting in 43 miles by Wednesday evening my legs were super flat for Thursday mornings easy run.  So I headed out Thursday morning at 6 am with the intention to run 8 miles but stopped 4.5 miles.  Lesson here... if your body says your tired, stay in bed!  So I headed out for another 7.5 miles in the evening to put me at 12 miles.

I woke up Friday feeling fine just to early for my liking (4:30am).  After I finished up my ROTC commitments for the day at 4:00 pm I headed out for 21 miles in 2:55 (8:27 pace).  Pretty pleased with how I felt throughout the run took in about 600 calories (300 from Hammer Gels and 300 from Gu Roctane).  I think these long runs at the tail end of a work day will help with Badwater, anyone can run 20 miles after 8 hours of sleep on a Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment