Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Farlek hills

Tuesdays workout called for some hills.  I just wasn't feeling the normal Mount Scott laps so I decided to incorporate a little farlek hill work.  I've used this workout before it's good to break up the monotony that sometimes comes with hitting the same workouts.  I ran a 1.5 mile warm up then spent the next 4.5 miles sprinting up every hill I came to (which amounted to 15 45 + sec hills) on the downhills and flat you recover and hold a steady pace.  After 6 miles I made the turn around right at 47 minutes and decided to race my time back finishing in 91 minutes beating my outbound time by 3 minutes.  It was 80 degrees so I opted to break out the shorty shorts and no shirt it felt great to be out though I forgot I'm a little pasty from the winter and got a little sunburn.

12 miles : 91 minutes 7:35 pace
Burma Road Trail out and back


No comments:

Post a Comment