Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mount Scott

I had to take a break after last week and reset the systems yesterday.  Took a complete rest and just enjoyed a normal day and tried desperately not to think about running.  A little hard with the Barkley Marathon coming to a close (congrats Jared Campbell).  But I did it I didn't run for a whole day!

This morning I awoke feeling well rested so I opted to hit my hill work today.  After class I headed up to Mount Scott but only chose to do 1 loop.  I have a sneaking suspicion that the extra miles were lower quality workouts and causing my slow recovery.  Hit a 1.4 mile warm up and headed up Mt Scott (after a slight detour for a couple of long horned steers).  The first mile was run a little to hard at a 7:40 pace and led to some really tight quads over the last mile.  On the way down held on to a 5:55 pace and really focused on turnover.  I ran the 1.4 mile cool down back to my car for a total of 8 miles in 1 hour and 34 seconds.  I missed my Strava course record by 9 seconds...  Stupid cows!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment