Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Doldrums

I am deep in the Doldrums. I had a Battalion Commander a couple years back who would always refer to the Doldrums as a deep and dark place that one would find themselves in. That is how I feel right now. Entering my 3rd week of peek mileage the hurricanes frequently found in the Doldrums.

Last week I hit 72 miles of high quality miles. I did not hit a long run just ran out of time and was not willing to spend my last days before Suki took off for a month of training running 3-5 hours. So without a long run 72 miles isn't to shabby. I did hit a 10x400m workout which I did well at but it became apparent that I will never be a sprinter.

Monday
AM: 7 miles
PM: 6.1 miles
Tuesday
AM: 7 miles
PM: 8.5 miles
Wednesday
7.9 miles
Thursday
AM: 7.2 miles
PM: 5.2 miles
Friday
Off
Saturday
AM: 10x400m 73-75 sec (6.5 miles)
PM: 6.5 miles
Sunday
11 miles

This week is going very well but lacks a very hard workout. Friday will be a big long run and I hit some light hills on Tuesday. I'll hold the course until Friday and hit it really hard. This week looks like 105 miles or so. This will be my biggest mileage week ever. 47 miles on Wednesday is uncharted territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment