Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hundo!

Well my first 100 mile week in preparation for Badwater and it went smoothly. I am so paranoid about getting injured at this point in the game I'm being a little proactive in injury prevention. I took 2 ice baths and spent a lot of time stretching and rolling this week. Nothing is hurting and I'm ready to hit the next week even harder, just being careful.

I missed a long run last week trying to spend some quality time with my wife before she took off for LDAC. My first stop after dropping her off at the airport was a hot 20 miler. The run went really well took 2:48 and it felt really easy. I knew I had a workout the next day with the 10 mile team so I didn't wanna burn myself out.

Tuesday morning the 10 mile team ran a hill workout 3x1/2 mile uphill which felt great. The workout was not that challenging but still kept the legs fresh. I went out during the afternoon for a hot easy run.

The rest of the week was pretty similar morning run with the 10 miles team 7-8 miles and afternoon run 5-7 miles in the heat. Friday morning I headed out for my long run 30 miles but the temperature was only 75-80 so pretty moderate. The long run felt great. I ran a 9 mile warm up then spent 2 miles at 8:30, 8:20, 8:10, 8:00, 7:50 and 7:40 then a 9 mile cool down.

I spent the rest of Friday doing homework and ordering supplies for Badwater. It still amazes me how logistically challenging this race is. Since there are no aid stations I spend a lot of asking myself what would I like to have at miles 105?

I realized again how lucky I am to have an amazing wife. She keeps me grounded without her I spend almost all my time running, preparing to run, cooking and reading. I have sat at home every night since she left except 1. Yup full blown running loser. I can't wait for her to get back so we can get Badwater knocked out and start our honeymoon.

Mileage breakdown
Monday: 20 miles 2:48 (8:23)
Tuesday:
AM 7 miles (7:44)
PM 5 miles (8:19)
Wednesday
AM 8.3 (7:42)
PM 6.1 (7:46)
Thursday
AM 8 (7:51)
PM 6.4 (8:02)
Friday 30 miles 4:11 (8:19)
Saturday OFF
Sunday 12 miles (7:40)
Total 103.5 miles 13 hours 56 min

No comments:

Post a Comment