Thursday, May 1, 2014

Teleportation!

I took Monday off after the back to back 20's nothing in particular was hurting just playing it safe. Tuesday I headed out just to knock out some miles and check the legs out to see what the damage was from the week prior. Nothing to bad I knocked out 5.5 miles in the morning then another 7 in the afternoon both under a 8 min/mil pace and felt pretty easy.

Wednesday I had to walk a few miles with the ROTC in the morning. We walked 5 miles at 4mph with a 35-50lbs ruck sack. I hate calling this mileage but it wears on the body and you have to count it. In the PM I headed up to Mount Scott for a CR attempt. I warmed up with 1.2 miles then up Mt. Scott, my up time was just over 22 minutes then screamed down in 15 minutes. Good enough for the first on record sub 38 minute Mount Scott run (37:40). Total time was 58 minutes for 8 miles.

Thursday I headed out with Charlie for some easy trail miles feeling a little sore. Knocked out a total of 14 miles easy and felt great.

I was recently asked if I could have any superhuman power which would it be. I answered the question on the fly but after thinking about my answer I think I hit the nail on the head. Teleportation would have to be the coolest/most useful superhuman trait a runner could have. You could train every single day on the course you wanted to train for. No longer would you be forced to settle for the local races with the hassles of travel removed. Of course you would have to be able to transport anyone holding onto you as well so you could have company on your runs. I feel I'd have a lot more trail friends if I could teleport. 

The American College of Sports Medicine released an article that I found very interesting. They have decided the provide some recommondations in purchasing running shoes. They lean towards keeping the foot lower to the ground and light shoes (under 10 oz). I completley agree with their stance just exciting that its being published by the ACSM!

No comments:

Post a Comment