Thursday, May 22, 2014

Jemez prep

Tapering is always an interesting time for me and I assume most runners. It is hard because your day gets messed up the rhythm of events. So if you are an overachiever like all Ultrarunners are you try to fill your time with all the things you haven't had time to do due to running. For me I've been trying to get my house ready to go on the market. Last week I resided the house then this week finished little projects here and there but still worked 8 hours a day on huge house. The nice thing is that I'm leaving today for Albuquerque and I will have all day tomorrow to relax with Will. 

My runs this week have been uneventful. An easy 7 on Monday in 56 minutes and an easy 5 miler Wednesday in 38 minutes. I feel well rested and the runs are right where I like to be during taper week. I'll try to get a few miles on the Jemez trail tomorrow. 

I was really hoping irunfar would do a race preview because I thought I had a chance of honorable mention as contending for the win but they haven't done one on the race. I think Jemez has moved into the background with the advent of the montrail ultra cup series which is unfortunate. I think races like run rabbit run, jemez and Hardrock have faded into the background. The good thing is that the montrail cup has lead to an incredibly talented field at Western States especially on the ladies side with a top 10 that is a who's who of the sport. It just seems to suck the life out of Leadville, Hardrock, Wassatch, Vermont and many others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment